Ten Ways to
- Stay informed. To help you get started, we complied lists of reports, statements, websites and articles. Read and share.
- Speak out. Call, email or visit your elected representatives. Show them that you care about the civilians besieged in Eastern Ghouta. Feel free to use the talking points by SAMS [PDF].
- Amplify the voices of the besieged. Hold awareness sessions, screen films in your community or university and open a space for online participation from East Ghouta (Email us if you need contacts inside Eastern Ghouta).
- Bring East Ghouta to the headlines. Write an op-ed in your local or national newspapers. Ask your media to cover East Ghouta and listen to the besieged people. Feel free to use this op-ed template published by SAMS [PDF].
- Get on the streets. Organize a protest or candlelight vigil in support of Eastern Ghouta. Feel free to use these infographics or take print-outs of the artwork on this page. Let us know if you organize a protest and share the pictures with us – the people in Eastern Ghouta will be empowered by your support.
- Use social media. Get engaged on social media; let your friends know that you care about the civilians in East Ghouta. Share content on Syria from Syrians. Join our Twitter campaign to pressure politicians around the world and ask them to act for Ghouta, using the hashtag #BreakGhoutaSiege.
- Send solidarity messages. Show our friends and families in East Ghouta that you are standing with them. Send them solidarity messages – record a video in front of a landmark in your hometown and share it with them. If you are an artist, dedicate your work to the besieged people in Eastern Ghouta.
- Donate your time and skills. We need your talent; this website is created by a group of activists inside and outside Eastern Ghouta. We need more help in translation, design, video editing and research; if you are interested please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pray. No matter your faith come together and pray for the besieged children and people.
- Be creative. Think of other ways to help and let us know!